Monday, December 14, 2009

Shanghai Noon.

The next day we woke bright and early for a whole day of touring around Shanghai.

Shanghai is very huge!!! Seriously, travelling around is such a bitch. We were staying at one of the hotels of hotel chain Motel 168 around the centre. Pretty decent. We could see the Pearl along the way to and fro our hotel.

Shanghai cityscape:

Let me introduce these two 'gatecrashers'. They are Liangping and my dearest baobei, May. They, along with Wenhui (not in picture), are in Shanghai on a school exchange programme and they decided to join us for the tour on that day (all expenses paid, of course):

First stop Shanghai Sculpture Space:

Pretty nice place... but it was quite chilly:

Ashley and her 'hadoogen':

Not to be outdone, me and the 'Karate Kid':

The 'Thinking Man' got fat:

My baobei has lesbian tendencies sometimes... lol:

I took a picture of this horse's dick but I shall spare you the realism of the penis:

Learned aye?:

The Sculpture Space is a collection of factory buildings abandoned since the glorious industrial days...

Interesting contemporary Chinese and Western-fusion art works:

Couldn't resist:

Couldn't resist this one either:

And I especially couldn't resist this one:

My baobei and I at Starbucks to warm our tummies...:

Next it was to the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, beside the People's Square. Once again, travelling around is such a bitch:

Before we headed to the exhibition hall, we had dinner at this floating 'dragon' restaurant (under this huge*ss bridge)

I so love omelettes:

The Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall:

Yes, that says 'Capitaland', and guess what? That's Raffles City in Shanghai!:

Inside the exhibition hall, model of the Bund:

Huge model of Shanghai's iconic buildings:

There was also the Shanghai Expo 2010 exhibition:

Huge model of Shanghai city! See how big Shanghai really is!:

People's Square:

Communist posters in an exhibition at the highest floor:

They obviously hate(d) the Americans:

The other side of People's Square:

That vessel looking building is the Shanghai Museum:

More posters (I bought a pink 'Communist' tee shirt):

No comments:

Post a Comment