Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Back to Shanghai. And dying.

Argh.. I was so terribly sick when we got back to Shanghai. So much so that I forgo dinner once we got back to our hotel (the same one we stayed at for the first few days in Shanghai).

*If you are easily disgusted by graphic description of anything and everything disgusting like vomit and faeces, I suggest you don't continue reading the entry*

Chunks of food (I remember one particular huge piece of mushroom getting stuck in the sink) and rice will be vomited out if I'm lucky. If I'm not so lucky, I would have to fly to the toilet to take a dump as soon as I eat anything. The food goes through undigested and out (some still in huge chunks) with nothing but water. Its like peeing through the ass.

And then the 'water' turned black. All thanks to the countless charcoal pills I took. And then green cause I took May's green diarrhea pills.

Oh my God, I remember crying myself to sleep that night cause I was so cold (damn heater wasn't working), hungry and in so much pain... My roommate for that day was Khai instead of Joshua cause Khai and I would not be staying there the next night (unlike the others, Joshua included, who were not travelling to Beijing and heading back to Singapore two days later).

Khai's flight was early the next morning. And I was supposed to head to May/Liangping/Wenhui's place to bunk in before taking the 7pm train to Beijing the next day, leaving me the whole day to travel around.

That was supposed to be the plan BUT although it was one of the best days we have seen in Shanghai (sunny and warm), I was too sick to even leave their place. So instead I rested on their sofa overlooking the 31st storey view of Shanghai. Like a cat doozing off under the summer sun, I tried to recuperate.

Then that night, Yeow, Huiloh, Ashley, Pamela and I, took a cab from their place to the train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment