Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hangzhou.

On the first night we reached Hangzhou, after dinner, some of decided to try a full body massage at the spa beside our place. Its really just good 'clean' massage... in case you are wondering...

So the guys and girls went into separate rooms. And coincidentally only the foreign exchange students went for the massage with me. So there we were, the five of us, two South Koreans, one Norwegian, one French and one moi, a Malay Singaporean. It was freaking hilarious as they depended on me to translate between Chinese and English cause the masseurs couldn't speak a word of English. I was 'max'-ing out my Mandarin... Never before have I spoken so much Mandarin before... It was very hilarious when I just gave up and kept quiet, listening to the chicken and ducks talking... Hahaha...

The next day we woke up to see more of Wang Shu's works in Hangzhou... Seriously, I was getting very sick of Wang Shu.

This is some university campus, the Architecture department:

I wish my school is as interesting as this:

Students' works:

Pardon our emo shots:

We then visited other departments like Industrial Design department:

Seriously, the maze of ramps outside will never work as fire escape routes... I rather go into the building and burn:

I was really disappointed cause not only were we really sick of looking at Wang Shu's works, there was also a delay and because of the rain too, so we missed out on cycling around Hangzhou's West Lake. We had to settle on lunch there instead.

Some of us decided to eat at Pizza Hut:

I had seafood pasta and hot chocolate and pizza... yummy...
Super cheezzzzy... (might have been the cause of my food poisoning but more on that later):

Just as we were about to board the bus, I realised that we were parked beside the famous Hangzhou West Lake pavilion. Had to take these few shots before leaving for Suzhou:

Hangzhou has other nice Chinese architecture and gardens but we didn't get to see any cause of the delays and rain... Sigh... But there is still Suzhou to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment